Welcome to My Yoga Waterford
Download our easy to use Studio App:
Yoga is for everybody
Here at My Yoga Waterford we offer you the opportunity to experience the benefits of yoga in your life through providing classes at times and levels to suit all.
Our Prenatal Yoga and Pilates classes are a great way to prepare Mum and Baby for the day when they get to come face to face for the first time.
The Physical practice prepares pelvic floor muscles, hips and legs for childbirth helping to strengthen tone and create openness and flexibility in the body.
The breath practice helps to develop an awareness of full healthy breathing patterns which deepen your connection to your body and your baby (very helpful during labour)
- Improves circulation
- Teaches mum the power of the breath and how to use it
- Helps create a feeling of well being
- Releases tension
- Promotes better sleep
- Stronger connection to the pelvic floor muscles
- Better breath control
- Eases discomfort caused by skeletal and muscular imbalances
- Strengthens the transverse abdominis (essential core muscles for strengthening the back)
- Faster return to pre pregnancy body
Hot yoga is a workout in a room filled with infrared therapeutic heat. The infrared heat permeates the body alleviating aches and increasing circulation.
What to expect
- Because infrared heat is directly warming the muscles, it opens them up allowing a greater range of motion.
- Infrared heat has been shown to stimulate blood flow by opening up the body’s capillaries. This can help to lower blood pressure,
oxygenate the organs and rid the body of toxins.
- Warm Flow Yoga makes you sweat and sweating is the body’s way of flushing out toxins! Warm Flow Yoga creates a deep detoxifying cleanse on the cellular level.
- Warm Flow Yoga makes your body temperature heat up and when your natural temperature regulation system kicks in to cool
the body it needs energy to do so and it gets this energy from burning calories!
- Infrared heat directly penetrates tissue, Muscles and joints allowing them to heal and regenerate. Infrared heat is fast becoming
the preferred method of many Physical therapists, saunas and yoga studios around the world.
Yin yoga is a very intimate practice which takes on a meditative approach. It is a simple yet challenging practice but simple does not always mean easy.
It allows the practitioner time to connect with their breath and observe the inner landscape of their bodies on a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
The main difference between yin yoga and yang styles of yoga is that in the practice of yin yoga you are asked to soften the muscles
and relax into the postures. This allows the practitioner to safely move into the deeper layers of the body; applying moderate stress to the connective tissues,
the tendons, fascia and ligaments with the aim of increasing circulation in the body, lubricating the joints and improving flexibility.
The Benefits of Yin Yoga
- Improves flexibility
- Calm and balance the body and mind
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Induces deep relaxation
- Regulates the energy in the body
- Your joints become more lubricated and mobile
- Helps with T.M.J. And migraines